Feel Free to Browse

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Toddler Approved THM Meals

As parents, I'm sure we've all been there when we make a beautiful spread for dinner. We slaved over the stove and oven for hours, we seasoned everything just right, we set the table, and made sure to make a variety of delicious items that you're whole family was sure to love. As you make the plates for your little ones, and with a smile, place it in front of them, you're met with the shrill whiny voice of - "Mommy, I dont want it!!!!!"

I know the struggle is real. I know it is frustrating and irritating when we make yummy healthy food for our families and our kiddos just want chicken nuggets, or peanut butter and jelly.

So for all you Trim Healthy Mama's struggling to get your kids to eat healthy, satisfying, delicious meals, I've compiled a list of meals my toddlers have not only tried and ate, but ate all that was on their plate. Lets get this list started, shall we?




Breakfast Items - - (Page numbers reflect where the recipe is in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook)


E- Pancakes (pg.259) with Cinnamon & Turkey Bacon


My kiddos love these pancakes. I make them smaller sized for them to easily pick up, about the size of a silver dollar seashell. They get about 3-4 each, plus a few slices of turkey bacon. They gobble these up and often time ask for seconds.


E- Bust-a-Myth Cake (pg. 298) & Sliced Apples


Who doesn't love having cake for breakfast?! I make this recipe in the form of loaf, like bread, for quick grabs to give to the littles for a healthy breakfast option! My oldest loves the banana flavor! 


E- Overnight Oatmeal Jars


I prep a few of these the night before, shake the jar, stick in the fridge, and bam! My 4 year old can go grab her one and sit down and have breakfast. We love alot of the flavors we've tried, including Banana Cream Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Peanut Butter, and Apple Cinnamon. Heres a link to the banana cream pie recipe, and all others can be found on Pinterest.


S - Mufflets (pg. 237)


This is honestly, one of the only ways I can get eggs into my kids. They are not big fans of scrambled eggs, and after having gone through 3 pregnancies - I cant really say I blame them. I no longer like them either. HOWEVER - these hit the spot, and they are easy for little hands to hold. I serve 1-2 along with some yogurt, or some berries on the side. I put cheese, broccoli, ham, and tomatoes into the mix, and it makes them sorta like an omelet. 


Lunch Items - - 


S - Salad with Fruit


Ok, so maybe salad seems to simple, but hey, its on plan! Believe it or not, my kids are big salad eaters. My oldest now will actually eat the mixed greens, but my 2 year old is still working up to liking them, however, he will eat a heaping bowl full of salad toppings! Cucumbers, tomatoes, shredded cheese, diced chicken, broccoli, carrots, boiled egg and radishes, drizzled with some on plan Ken's Steakhouse Ranch Dressing.


S - Deli Roll Ups with a Side of Berries


I use the on plan low carb tortillas, or Josephs Lavish Bread when making these. Just spread on some laughing cow cheese wedge of your choice, layer with lettuce leaves, a couple slices of tomatoes, some cheese, deli meat (we use turkey or ham) and some sliced avocado. Top with a few sprinkles of garlic salt, and maybe some red pepper flakes, and roll it up. Super easy and delicious. Serve it along side some berries. 



FP/S - Pita Pizzas


If you buy the Josephs Pita Pockets, these make amazing simple 1 person serving pizzas. Start by placing the pita in a toaster oven, or on some parchment paper in the microwave for about a minute to get it to crisp up. Top with no sugar added pizza sauce (If you shop at Wal-Mart, their brand has no sugar and its only $1 a jar!!!!) add some shredded cheese, and some turkey pepperoni, and pop back in the toaster oven or microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese. My kids devour these! They absolutely love love love pizza, and I love the fact that I know exactly what I am feeding them and that its healthy!!! 




Dinner Items - - 


S - Mrs Criddles Kitchen Sour Cream Enchiladas


*Heavenly Sigh* I cannot praise these enchiladas enough. I absolutely love Mexican food. More so, enchiladas. And not just regular enchiladas, I love them with soft tortillas, not corn. So, I love when I can make these with the low carb tortillas and completely enjoy 1-2 for dinner. I love that my kids love them as well!!! The creaminess of the sour cream sauce, mixed with the spices and seasonings of the ground beef and the soft chewiness of the tortillas make for an absolutely wonderful dinner!!! 

If you have never ever made Sarah Criddles Enchiladas, you are missing out - BIG TIME!


E - Dirt-E Rice from TheCoersFamily.com


Can I just say how awesome it is that there are creative geniuses out there in the world that can come up with some pretty amazing recipes that we can enjoy while still being on plan?! Amanda Coers, over at TheCoersFamily, creates some pretty kick-butt and take names recipes! We absolutely love her Dirt-E Rice recipe, and we love that it literally is so easy to make! My kids gobble it up, because it well, has rice in it, and the seasons make it just what my husband loves - Cajun!! You definitely need to add this to your menu plan soon, if you have never tried it! 


S - Chicken Alfredo (pg. 67) over Dreamfield Pasta with a side of Broccoli and Cheese


Pretty self explanatory. I myself eat this poured over the broccoli, but my kids love noodles, so we serve this over Dreamfield pasta and give them a side of steamed broccoli with butter and melted shredded cheese! Yum, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! 


Snack Items - - 

S - Cheesecake Berry Crunch (pg. 352)


My oldest calls this ice cream, and thats totally fine with me! We love this recipe in our home, and we make it on movie nights for us all to enjoy! 


XO - Apple Slices with Peanut Butter Dip


Although this is a crossover, I still love it! The dip is made from a whole container of vanilla Triple Zero Greek Yogurt, with 1 TBSP of no sugar added peanut butter! Its so delicious and creamy, my kids love dipping their apple slices (and fingers) in it! 


S- Strawberry Cheesecake Shake (pg. 412)

This thing is to DIE FOR! My kiddos ask for this alot ever since I made it for the first time!





I hope you've got some new ideas on meals that your whole family will love! Do you have any on plan recipes that have been a hit at your dinner table? Leave me a comment below - I'd love to hear from you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment