Feel Free to Browse

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Start of Something New

All my life I knew I wanted to be a wife and a mother.

Its just been something that has been engraved in my brain, in my heart, in the deepest part of my spirit. I was meant to be called someones wife, and I was meant to be called someones mom.

I've now been a wife for 8 years, and a mom for almost 4 years.

Being a wife and a mom are hard.

I struggle daily. I yell at my kids...and then later go back and hold them as I cry and apologize for yelling...only to turn around an hour later and yell again.

I cant stand whining. Whining = Nails on a chalkboard.

I hate that my husband works out of town so much.

I have the tendency to overreact, and to only think of what could go wrong, and once I have a train of thought in my head, its really very hard for me to function and do anything worthwhile if I'm still thinking about it.

I'm not the greatest at organizing or keeping our home free from clutter. (Which totally stinks, because thats my husbands biggest pet peeve.)

Theres alot of things I could list off that I dont do right, or that I could improve on, but I wont put you through that. Theres no reason to dwell on the things I didnt do right yesterday. I should be focusing on what I can do right, RIGHT NOW and in the future.

I am a daughter of the King. I'm his beloved princess.

I am a good mom, despite my short comings.

I am loved unconditionally by my Heavenly Father.


I was the author behind the webpage - The Heart of a Homemaker. But thats not who I am. I'm not a homemaker by any means. I dont create new recipes. I honestly, hate to cook. I'm not good at being joyful in my home, I hate to clean.

But I love to write. I love to encourage, and make people smile. I'm good at enjoying the little things in life. I love the simplicity of just sharing my life, and things I learn along the way with others. I'm not a high profile blogger, and having a website made me feel like I needed to keep up with all the other bloggers I knew that had massive followings. I'm so grateful for the individuals who do take the time to read my blog and who have messaged me and told me how encouraging it is to read what I write. I appreciate that more than words can say.

I hope you will continue to follow me on here, and I hope in some way or another you find encouragement.

Be Encouraged - Allison

2 comments:

  1. Love your transparent heart, Allison! I am the same. Felt called to be wife and mom since I was a little girl...all I dreamed of...it is my heartbeat and yet greatest challenge. We all have struggled and we can all have victories...with God's help :-) Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your transparent heart, Allison! I am the same. Felt called to be wife and mom since I was a little girl...all I dreamed of...it is my heartbeat and yet greatest challenge. We all have struggled and we can all have victories...with God's help :-) Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete