Feel Free to Browse

Monday, March 21, 2016

THM Coco-nutty Almond Joys

I think one of my all time favorite candy bars is an Almond Joy. Theres just something about coconut, almonds and it all being covered in decadent chocolate. Especially that time of the month. ;-)

Today I did my bi-weekly grocery shopping, and while waiting to check out I kept eyeing the Almond Joys...by the grace of God, I did not buy any!!!

I did however, come home and whip up some on plan ones...and let me just say, they are to DIE FOR!!!!



So heres what you will need:

2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
4 tbsp of coconut oil
2 tbsp of sweetener comparable to Pyure, Gentle Sweet, or Truvia. *If using stevia extract, please consult the THM sweetener conversion chart*
1 bar of 85% dark chocolate or higher (I used the 86% Ghirardelli Intensely Dark)
Sweetener to taste to put into the chocolate if you so desire
Roasted Almonds

Instructions:

Melt the coconut oil till its semi liquid and then mix in your sweetener till dissolved.

Once sweetener is dissolved, mix in the coconut till it clumps together.




Form little mounds on parchment paper or Aluminum foil

Place almonds on top of the coconut mounds.



Place the coconut mounds in the refrigerator while you prep the chocolate

Melt the whole bar of chocolate in the microwave or stove top till liquified

Add in your sweetener

Spoon the chocolate over the mounds of coconut





Stick back in the freezer till solidified

These are on plan as an S, due to the coconut oil, the coconut and the almonds.

Enjoy! I had to stop myself after 3 of them, they are ridiculously amazing!!!



 
  PS - If you haven't already, get the immediate updates and all things encouraging on my Facebook Page:

Live, Laugh, Love, Encourage

No comments:

Post a Comment