Feel Free to Browse

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Mom U

Ever seen the cute prequel to Monsters Inc. titled - Monsters University?

The story settles in on Mike and Sulley and how they first got to know each other at Monsters University as scaring majors. They quickly realize that not only does it take hard word and dedication, (Sulley thinks his giant stature and mega roar will get him through all his classes and exams without having to study) but they also find that that you need to actually BE scary (Mike, although fierce and determined, just isnt as scary as he thought he was.) If you havent seen the movie - definitely check it out. Its super adorable! Both my kiddos love it.


Why am I talking about Monsters going to college? Well, this "mom-ster" decided to take the plunge and go back to college to get her degree in English and Literature. Thats right, I'm going to be a college student!!!!


Let me be honest - I'm terrified. I've got to retake entrance exams because its been 8 years since I was in my last college class. The process if financial aid was daunting, and the application process of getting transcripts and applying to begin with was a headache. I did it though, I got it all figured out, and I'm well on my way to becoming a stay at home mom college student. WOW! Am I nuts? Surely there are others who have taken such a leap of faith in themselves and invested the time and energy (what little energy I have left) and have sought after that coveted degree choice of theirs. 

It should come as no surprise that I chose a degree in English. As a lover of all things writing, poetry, books of all sorts and a tad obsessed with proper grammar and sentencing structure, a degree in the art of English and literature felt natural, normal, the thing among things that I wanted to pursue and invest myself in. (I'm a nerd, I love to write papers.)

If all goes well, I start summer courses in June. I just hope I can get through this and not get overwhelmed. 


I need this printed on a coffee mug. haha! 

What about you? If you had the oppertunity to go back to college, what would you major in? What would be your goals to achieve? I'd love to hear some of your thoughts and dreams! Write me a comment below, or on my Facebook Page

.

No comments:

Post a Comment